Whether you are a homeowner, who seeks to sell his home, or a qualified, potential, home buyer, who wants to own, a house, one of the key steps, is finding the right, professional real estate agent, for your needs, and priority. Since, for most, their house represents, their single – biggest, financial asset, doesn't it make sense, to carefully, choose, and hire, the right person to represent your interests, etc? The process should begin, with thoroughly, interviewing, and hiring, the right person, for you! However, perhaps, the single, biggest characteristic, is choosing / hiring, an agent, with the necessary, desirable, ETHICS, to serve and represent you, with responsibility, and integrity, and prioritizing your best interests, over any other factors. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means, and represents, and why it's so important, and necessary.
1. Empathy; emphasis; energy; endurance; excellence: You need someone, who is ready, willing and able to effectively listen, and learn, from every conversation and experience, and proceed with the utmost degree of genuine empathy! Seek someone, who places his emphasis, on marketing your home, in order to get the best, possible results! When an agent possesses true energy, his presence, tends to, energize, all around him, and the potential for utmost excellence, is, exponentially enhanced! Since there are often, ups and downs , throughout the real estate transaction period, one needs the endurance, to proceed forward, with a positive, can – do, attitude!
2. Trust; truthful; timely: Your representative must proceed, with truthfulness, and integrity! He must earn your trust, by his genuine commitment, and ethics! One trait, he needs, is to proceed, in a well – considered, timely manner, in order to follow – up, on every / any lead, and inform his clients, without delay, with total disclosure!
3. Head / heart: Real estate agents need to have a willingness, and ability, to effectively use, the finest aspects of their logical, as well as emotional components, in a head / heart balance!
4. Integrity; imagination; impression: Avoid anyone who you believe, has anything, less than the utmost degree of genuine integrity! Agents must possess a relevant imagination, and realizes, the need to focus, on how, to position, a house, to provide the best, possible, first impression.
5. Character; clarity / clear; coordinate; cooperate: Those with the finest quality of character, possess the clarity, to focus on cooperating with other agents, and every potential buyer! It takes the ability to coordinate activities, effectively, and a desire to cooperate, in order to be, a great agent!
6. Service; system: Before hiring anyone, be certain, his system, addresses marketing, staging, and all other related issues, which might impact, the ability to get, a seller, the best possible price, in the shortest period of time, with a minimum of hassle / stress! Only, when these things are combined, properly, will you receive the level of service, you need, and deserve!
When you hire an agent, look closely at his ETHICS! Doesn't it make sense, to protect, your single – biggest asset?