When one decides, it’s time, to sell his house, the smartest approach, is, to proceed, with a time – tested, well – considered, process, focused on achieving the most desirable objectives! For most, this includes, obtaining the best possible price and terms, in the shortest – period of time, with a minimum of hassle/ stress! In order to make this, often – stressful process, and transaction period, more stress – free, and meaningful, based on my, over a decade, as a Real Estate Licensed Salesperson, in the State of New York, I have created, my, RICH IDEAS, 7 basic steps, homeowners should take, to get the finest, possible results, etc. With that in mind, this article will briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, these steps.
1. Interview potential agents: Since, in most areas, there are many licensed, qualified, real estate agents, homeowners, should begin the process, by thoroughly, interviewing potential representatives, and determining, who might be best, for them. Since, for most, the value of their house, represents, their single – biggest, financial asset, doesn’t it make sense, to find someone, to represent your best interests, with the necessary skills, assets, abilities, and attitude, to make a significant difference, for the better?
2. Hire: Once you’ve decided, who might be, best for you, hire that individual, and thoroughly, discuss, your mutual expectations, especially, in the areas of marketing plans, open – houses, showings, and communication. Be certain, to be, on the same page, from the onset!
3. Marketing plan/ strategy: The quality of the marketing plan, is a significant factor, in the overall strategy, which will direct, the best approach, to achieving the finest quality objectives!
4. Teamwork: This process works best, and most efficiently and effectively, when a homeowner, and his chosen agent, are consistently, on the same – page, and do, what’s in the best interests of getting the objectives done! This teamwork, often, makes a huge difference, and the more, each, knows his responsibilities, and expectations, the finer the overall result!
5. Prepared for showings: Homeowners must agree to, at all times, while the house, is, on the market, to ensure, it’s ready, and prepared, for showings, even, on the shortest – notice. The reality is, the easier it is, to show, to the best of its potential, the finer the inevitable result!
6. Pay attention: Be certain to pay attention, to as many details, as possible, if you hope, to achieve your goals and objectives!
7. Endurance: Homeowners must realize, the transaction period, often, requires significant amounts of endurance, to overcome the stresses, and strains, which often, come – up!
If you want the best possible, real estate results, following, these 7 steps, should be helpful! Are you ready, willing, and able, to do, your part?