· Insure your home and car with the same company – Insuring your car with the same company that is insuring your home makes you legible for a discount that is referred to as multi-line discount. Thus, you pay less than you would if you insured your car and home with separate companies. Even then, you need to be sure about the possible discount before making a commitment to get your auto insurance from the company that is insuring your home because not all companies offer the multi-line discount.
· Insure all your cars in one policy – If you have more than one car, you can insure them all under one policy to qualify for the multi-vehicle discount. This lets you enjoy savings on both auto mobiles. Just like the multi-line discount, you need to check if the discount if offered before signing up.
· Maintain a clean driving record – Your driving records are a factor when calculating your auto insurance rate. Consequently, your insurance rates are affected by traffic tickets spanning up to three years and six years for accidents. Having a bad driving record means that you pay extra premiums making your auto insurance expensive.
· Go for a low risk car – Your auto insurance premiums is determined on the basis on the car’s history. If your car is highly likely to be stolen or be involved in an accident then you will pay more in insurance premiums.
· Opt for a Pay-As-You-Drive Policy – This is especially recommended if you do not drive for long distances. Therefore, consider going for a policy based on your annual or monthly mileage. The pay-as-you-drive policy lets your premium to fluctuate depending on your frequency behind the wheel as a record of your mileage is kept through monthly and annual reports that are shared with the policy provider.
· Take precaution against possible theft – Installing an anti-theft device in your car may also contribute to lowering your auto insurance premiums as it lessens the risk of theft.
· Let insurance companies bid for you – When you shop for your vehicle’s insurance and deliberately let companies that offer insurance know that you are not settled yet can get you a better deal. That is, you can choose to tell one business what the other is offering so that they give them a chance to counter the offer to your advantage.
In conclusion, there are many factors that determine how much you will pay in premiums. Thus, it is possible to lower your auto insurance premiums yet enjoy great service.