Travelling is one of the passions shared by most people on this planet. People travel for the purpose of business and to explore new destinations. Traveling provides people with an opportunity to explore new cultures, cuisines and experience new languages. Given that traveling is an integral part of the lives of most people these days, many credit card issuers offer cards that come with a variety of travel benefits.
If you are someone who travels on a frequent basis, you will benefit from applying for a travel credit card as it will provide you with access to exclusive offers, promotions and deals that will make traveling a more rewarding experience for you.
It is a fact that there are too many travel cards available these days and so it becomes a daunting task to choose the right credit card for traveling. Here are a few tips that will help you in making the right choice:
1. A good sign up bonus – most cards come with different types of sign up bonus and in the case of travel credit cards, the cardholders are offered with free air miles or a free air ticket when they use their card for the first time after receiving it. You should make sure that the card you opt for will offer you with a huge sign up bonus preferably in form of air miles so that you can redeem the same for your travel bookings.
2. More air miles for your money – earning air miles is one of the main reasons behind applying for a travel credit card and so the card that you opt for should apply you with more air miles for your credit card expenses. For example, every time you spend a dollar on the card, you should be able to earn at least 1 air mile. If the credit card cannot offer you with sufficient air miles for your expenses, it will not be very beneficial to you.
3. Airport lounge access – the travel credit card should also offer you with complimentary access to Airport Lounges so that you can travel with luxury and comfort. Since most of the top credit cards for traveling offer complimentary lounge access to the customers, it will not be very difficult for you to apply for such a card.
4. Travel Insurance – another feature that you should look for when applying for a new travel credit card is free travel insurance. If you are provided with travel insurance coverage, you can travel in peace as you will be assured that the insurance policy will provide you with the required support in case something bad happens when you are on a trip.
5. Low annual fee – even if the card offers you with a wide range of features, it will be futile to opt for the card if it comes with a high annual fee. The annual fee charged for the travel card should be low so that you will not end up spending a lot of money to avail the benefits offered with the card.
6. Wide acceptability – it goes without saying that the travel card has to be widely accepted so that you will not have any problem using it when you are on a vacation or a business trip. The acceptability of the card should not be limited to only a handful of merchants.