Business

Samsung’s woes continue as another Galaxy S7 edge catches fire

Over a week after a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge burning incident came to light, a woman from the Philippines claimed that her unit also heated up and started emitting smoke while it was being used by her daughter.

They immediately splashed water on the phone and covered it up with a wet towel thereafter, before finally stepping on it.

The incident was reported to Samsung. The company initially offered to replace the unit for free, but as the owner wanted her money back (fearing a similar incident might happen again), she was offered a refund on the spot.

Later, the woman also received a call from Samsung’s marketing head in the country who told her that the company would investigate the matter.

Source | Via