Business

How to Use Article Directories for Back Links

Back links are typically the key to a web page’s success or inability to get to the top of a search engine’s Search Results.

Google and the other search engines consider one-way back links to a web page when assigning where it will display in those results. Other things being equal, the quality and quantity of back links to a net page may make the difference to it reaching the first or second page of Search Results or further down.

Why is this important? Because of human search behaviour.

Research has demonstrated that human beings are impatient creatures of regular habit. About 40% of searchers click the first web page displayed in the Search Results and almost 90% click on one of the web pages shown on the first page of those results. Almost 99% of all clicks go to one of the top 20 search results, leaving only a measly 1% of traffic for all the other webpages combined.

That being so, it should be obvious how critical it is for a web master to get his or her web pages to the top of Google. After all, that’s where virtually all the free traffic is generated.

Shrewd web masters have long know that article submission sites help internet site authors build incoming links. When quality directories supply in-coming links to a website, the website typically climbs higher in search engine results.

Article directories have turned into an important resource for both contributors and users. The article writer publishes content to an article directory which generally is free. Within that content are two, sometimes three back links to the publisher’s web pages. By posting to free article directories, the writer consents to permit anyone to copy and use his or her content on their site or blog, provided that they do not change anything in the article and keep the links intact.

Thousands and thousands of people scour article directory sites daily for fresh, free content for their own web site or blog. For them, building an internet page is little more than copy and paste: copy the article from the article site, paste it into their own blogor website along with the links.

Done properly, it’s a win-win for everyone. The writers get important back links and oft times free traffic; the users get free articles that are quickly and easily assimilated into their web pages.

The key to ideal article marketing is to follow steps which make it most efficient because, truthfully, ineffectual article promotion is a waste of your time.

Effective article promoting involves these steps:

1. Writing an original, good quality article of at least 300 words (five paragraphs or even more).

2. Use modern “spinning” technology to make similar but different versions of that single article.

This is critical because the search engines search out reused content and devalue all but the original page on which it appears.

3. Making an author’s resource box at the base of the article with links back to two pages of the site being promoted, using good keywords as anchor text.

Many, but not all, free article directories, permit a link within the body of the document itself. For best results, put a link there to a third page on the site using keyword anchor text.

4. Subscribe to sites that use automation to “spin” your article and post, at the click of your mouse, different versions of articles to loads of sites and blogs.

More is better. Use automation to your advantage.

5. Publish articles consistently over a period of time.

Follow the method set out above and you’ll build a large number of back links in a few months.

And, you will be on your way to the top of Google.

The best online web masters know how to promote website by taking advantage of absolutely free article websites, promoting their internet pages consistently using automatic tools.